Time logger for Jira
Time logger for Jira is time tracking JIRA addon which helps track time spent on Jira issues. It's a standalone Microsoft Windows desktop application which connects to Jira.
Main advantage is that addon automatically gets the issue you work with in your browser and allows you to easily track time used on the issue using start, pause and stop buttons.
During tracking it detects idle time which is not possible when using addons integrated into Jira itself.
Basic information about the application
- Author: Mitja Perko
- Current version: 1.0.7
- Supported languages: English
- Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP and newer including Windows 10
- Supported Jira versions: ALL
Application was developed with the following goals in mind
- simple and convenient to use
- uses browser for issue selection
The application is small borderless window sitting on top of all other windows on the border of the screen. It is showing the last issue you were (are) watching in your web browser. You can start,
pause and stop tracking time for the issue currently displayed in the window. When you stop timing you can directly commit worklog to given Jira issue (with optional comment) or discard it.
- simple to setup and use
- small and always visible and accessible
- automatically gets issue number from open Jira issue opened in your browser (Chrome, Firefox and IE supported)
- application detects idle time and you can apply it to current issue, ignore it or post it to another issue worklog
- going with mouse over the issue displays the whole issue title in a hint
- double click on issue copies the issue number to clipboard (useful for posting issue as comment into version control)
- drag&drop style moving around screen, snaps to edges
You can download Time Logger for Jira here:
Licencing and pricing:
Time logger for Jira is commercial software with a free fully functional 30 day trial. After 30 days you have to purchase a valid licence.
Licence prices are listed below.
Licence is per named user and includes 12-month free upgrade.
Setting up Time logger for Jira
Time logger for Jira settings
Download and run Time logger for Jira setup. When install is complete it will be automatically registered to run at startup.
At first run you have to enter basic information about your Jira server:
- your username and password (enter username and password for accessing your Jira)
- Jira URL (if Jira URL when viewing an issue is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TST-53073 then enter https://jira.atlassian.com/)
You can also choose what is the default time for software to treat you as being away and choose from two skins (one normal height and one minimal height).
Jira settings (version 6.x and below)
For Time logger for Jira to work in Jira 6.x and below, access via API must be enabled in Jira. Please make sure that "Accept remote API calls" is enabled in Jira administration dashboard (see picture below).
For any questions and support issues please e-mail to email@example.com
- 126.96.36.199 (23.10.2018) - support for Jira instance name with non-ASCII characters
- 188.8.131.52 (16.03.2018) - fixed XSRF 403 Bad request
- 184.108.40.206 (07.02.2018) - manual time adjustment bugfix
- 220.127.116.11 (04.11.2016) - alternative registration key format
- 18.104.22.168 (21.10.2016) - registration update
- 22.214.171.124 (20.10.2016) - IE support updated
- 126.96.36.199 (13.10.2016) - title detection fix
- 188.8.131.52 (13.10.2016) - resize bugfix
- 184.108.40.206 (12.10.2016) - support for Jira 7.x and above (access using REST API)
- 220.127.116.11 (24.09.2016) - horizontal resize added
- 18.104.22.168 (22.10.2014) - small bugfix
- 22.214.171.124 (17.02.2014) - first release